Mon Fri 9am - 6pm
Sat 9am - 1pm
This two-day course provides training and development for paediatric first aid for Childminders, Nannies, Early Years Settings, and ALL Childcare Professionals.
Our courses meet all requirements of OFSTED / EYFS and our training techniques provide learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively when required.
If you work within Early Years, you are required to carry out a risk assessment to identify the requirements for the number of employees, and enable employers to hold both Emergency Paediatric First Aid and the Full Paediatric First Aid Certificates.
This two-day course is conducted under the current Health and Safety Regulations for successful candidates to undertake the role of first-aiders in their respective workplace.
To assist and help where a baby or child has the following:
* In an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take.
* Unresponsive and breathing normally.
* Unresponsive and not breathing normally.
* Who is having a seizure.
* Who is choking.
* Who is bleeding.
* Who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
* Who is suffering from anaphylactic shock.
* Who has had an electric shock.
* Who has burns or scalds.
* Who has a suspected fracture.
* With head, neck or back injuries.
* Who is suspected of being poisoned.
* Who has a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose.
* With an eye injury.
* Who has a bite or sting
* Who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold.
* Who is having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions.
* Understand their role position and responsibilities of being the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
Total Learning Duration: Two-days of practical paediatric first aid training.
* Anaphylaxis training
* AED (Automated external defibrillator). (Separate certificate issued)
Certification is dependent on individual delegates being successful during continuous course assessment.
Delegates who complete the course are awarded the Level 3 Paediatric First Aid at Work certificate, approved and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
The certificate is valid for three years.
Please note: Under the current guidelines, it is strongly recommended that first aid trained staff attend a half-day update every 12-18 months.
The complete price of this group course is £790.00 when conducted at your venue.
Course attendance is for a group of up to 12 delegates and includes certification and a course manual.
There are no additional costs.