Mon Fri 9am - 6pm
Sat 9am - 1pm
This one-day course provides training and development for Paediatric First Aid for Childminders, Nannies, Early Years Settings, and ALL Childcare Professionals.
Our courses meet all requirements of OFSTED / EYFS and our training techniques provide learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to act effectively when required.
If you work within Early Years, you are required to carry out a risk assessment to identify the requirements for the number of employees, and enable employers to hold both Emergency Paediatric First Aid and the Full Paediatric First Aid Certificates.
This one-day course is conducted under the current Health and Safety Regulations for successful candidates to undertake the role of first-aiders in their respective workplace.
To assist and help where a baby or child has the following:
* Assess an emergency situation and prioritise action.
* A baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally.
* A baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
* A baby or child who is having a seizure.
* A baby or child who is choking.
* A baby or child who is bleeding.
* A baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock).
* A baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock.
* A baby or child who has had an electric shock.
* A baby or child with head, neck or back injuries.
* A baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction.
Total Learning Duration: One-day of practical paediatric emergency first aid training.
Certification is dependent on individual delegates being successful during continuous course assessment.
Delegates who complete the course are awarded the Level 2 Paediatric First Aid at Work certificate, approved and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
The certificate is valid for three years.
Please note: Under the current guidelines, it is strongly recommended that first aid trained staff attend a half-day update every 12-18 months.
The complete price of this group course is £425.00 when conducted at your venue.
Course attendance is for a group of up to 12 delegates and includes certification and a course manual.
There are no additional costs.